Saturday, October 8, 2011

Just Move


My mind wonders quite a bit when I run and today was no different. Generally I think a lot about my day ahead, mentally draft any emails I need to send, think of old friends I should call, plan outfits for dinner/drink dates, etc. The littlest things send my mind on tangents and there isn't a topic I haven't pondered as my feet hit the pavement.

There is one thing that finds a way into my train of though almost every run. Its a moment that leaves a smile on my face the rest of the day but also has me scratching my head. It happens when I see something truly beautiful and reminds of how lucky I am to be here in this moment. I have the privilege of living in the greatest city on earth, I have amazing friends and the world's best family but I don't always take advantage of it. I don't know why but I seem to get in my own way over and over again.

I come up with awesome things to do but never make plans to do them or I let friends get distant instead of making plans to catch up. Take Friday for instance. I had been looking forward to my favorite zumba class all day. I had planed my meals around it so I wouldn't upset my stomach before class. I got dressed and left my place with plenty of time to get there but halfway to the gym I took a right and ended up in a store instead of the gym. I love that class. Why did I get 95% there yet not make it?

Its time to make a change. I am going to challenge myself to be better. I want to spend the rest of October living life I can have. The one that's right in front of me but that I just can't seem to grasp. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment