Wednesday, October 12, 2011

24 days 12 hours

Let's take a midweek look at my workouts. This has been an ok week. Not bad since I actually got out the door but not great since I took today off. I know we all need rest days but I just wasn't planning on today being my day off.

Sunday: 7.5 mile run in Central Park

Monday: 7.5 mile run following the same route as Sunday. I wanted to go longer but it was already pitch black out at mile 7 so I just jogged home. I had that the sunsets early in the winter!

Tuesday am: Wanted to do a run in Central Park but it was too dark at 5am so I went to the gym for a 2 mile run which my legs didn't love so I finished up with 35 mins on the elliptical then some stretching and abs. I walked by the park on my home at 6:30 because I'm trying to figure out what time people start running in the park. I want to get in morning runs outside but I want to be safe and not running alone. It was packed at 6:30 so I'll try 5:45 or 6am later this week. I did some pushups and triceps dips on a bench and the headed home which sore arms.

Tuesday night: I really wanted to get in my miles for the day so I hit up the gym for a fast 5k on the treadmill. Every worked together perfectly tonight and I felt like I could go on forever but wanted to same something for the morning. 

Wednesday am: woke up at 4:45 to get ready for the gym but wasn't feeling like it so I hit snooze. When the alarm went off at 5:15 all I could hear was the wind outside so I called off my gym trip :( Looking back I know this was dumb. I can find any excuse not to get out the door and need to do better next time.

Wednesday pm: I bought junk food on my way home from work which caused my night to derail a bit. I've been good about not eating sweets and indulging tonight gave me the worst stomach ache so I didn't get the gym tonight either. Overall, Wednesday was an epic fail! 

Tomorrow is a new day and I will do better. My plan for the rest of the week is a mid distance run tomorrow and maybe a group class, going for my long 20 mile run on Friday, a short recovery run on Saturday, and who knows for Sunday. This is just the plan, I'm sure I'll change things up a bit.

Here a a few links to things that have caught my eye:
The Holiday Bootie Buster Challenge - extra motivation to stay fit and eat well during the holidays
25 Ways to Get Psyched For Your Fall Marathon - I agree with everyone one of these


No comments:

Post a Comment