Monday, October 10, 2011

26 days, 12 hours...

We're getting closer to the start of the marathon and I'm feeling less and less prepared. I know I can do it but I just wish I had pushed harder during training. I'm going to go hard the next two weeks then be smart about tapering so I can rock this race on Nov 6th!

While perusing the NYRR website the over the weekend, I read more about the New Year's Eve run and decided I want to do it. The past two years I looked into it but never signed up so this is the year for me. I can't think of a better way to ring in 2012 than with fireworks and a fun run through Central Park!

Of course I couldn't sign up for just one race but I think I went a little over board and have added 4 more to my calendar! My parents really wanted me to do the Dash to the Finish 5k the day before the marathon so I said why not. I need to do a short run that day anyway and they're so excited to see me cross what will be the marathon finish line.

My other two races will be the Race to Deliver and Join the Voices. Both are in Central Park and being just 4 and 5 miles, I think I'll survive.

Here's to some good fall races and a fantastic marathon!

No comments:

Post a Comment