Sunday, January 15, 2012

Welcome to 2012

I haven't written a post since before Christmastime and feel like so much has happened in the past few weeks. I spent my entire week of vacation in Florida trying to beat pneumonia. Let's just say I slept almost the entire week and only really saw the sun on our last day there when my family hit up Universal Studios Island of Adventure. My mom and sister really wanted to check out the new Harry Potter section so we spent the day walking around and riding rides. I spent the majority of the day sitting outside rides, taking pictures since I couldn't stand up for much more than 30 mins at a time. It's far to say that by the end of the day the 50, 90, 150 minute wait times were laughable for me. Even being sick, I had a really good time. I love theme parks and although Universal doesn't take the extra steps to create the illusions Disney does, I would still rather spend my day there than on the beach.

I flew back to nyc on New Year's Eve just in time to meet my bf for dinner and watch the fireworks at midnight. I barely made it to midnight as I was still pretty tired and think I fell asleep by 12:15, oops! We had dinner at Citrus and loved it! It's hard to believe that at the end of the month, he and I will have been together for a year. Time really does fly when you're having fun. It's about to get even more interesting since he'll be moving in with me right around our 1 year anniversary. Everyone keeps asking if I'm scared, nervous, or overwhelmed about the move but in all honestly, the only emotion I feel is excitement. I couldn't be happier that we're both ready to take the next step and see where our relationship takes us. It's a make it or break it move and I really think we'll make it.

This past week also marked 16 weeks until the Country Music Marathon in Nashville and I couldn't be happier to have a training plan again. I thrive on the structure of training plans and am motivated my having workouts to complete. Week one involved two 5 mile runs, a 3 mile, and a long run of 11. It was suppose to be 15 but it was far too cold out there. Luckily I have Monday off from work and think I'll tackle the full 15 if the weather cooperates.

After my run outside yesterday, I met a friend at the gym to catch up and get in 4 additional miles from the comfort of a treadmill. Technically I ran 15 yesterday but I would feel better if I'd done it all in one shot. I love meeting people at the gym instead of for coffee or drinks. Time flies when you're chatting and listening to gossip. I tend to hold back in terms of offering every detail of my life even with my closest friends but find that when I'm running, I just talk, talk, talk!

No comments:

Post a Comment