Thursday, December 22, 2011

Vacation!

Today was my last day of work for 2011. I can't tell you how excited I am to be on vacation. Its been a crazy month so far and no having work tomorrow is a huge relief. I still have tons of Christmas shopping to do tomorrow before I pack up and head to Florida to spend the holidays with my parents, siblings, grandparents (all 4! I'm so lucky), cousins, aunt and uncle. I couldn't be happier to be heading south for a relaxing week.

It isn't going to be laying around or partying though. Running has been almost no existent this month and that is the one thing I'm looking forward to most this vacation. I got myself back to the gym last night and got in a quick 3.5 miles before my bf called from Cali. He's there with his family for the holidays so I ended my run 1.5 miles early to catch up with him.

Training for the Country Music Marathon was suppose to start a week and a half ago. Yeah, that definitely didn't happen. I've been feeling really guilty about not getting up at 5 to fit in my run but with all the holiday craziness, parties, jury duty, and being sick, I just knew sleep was more important. Last night's run gave me my confidence back. I'd been so afraid that I wouldn't be able to just hop on the treadmill and go. I thought for sure I'd have to cut back both my pace and distance. My world didn't fall apart and I was able to to do exactly the same run I did a month ago before my hiatus.


Tonight will be another interval run for me then I'm thinking a long run tomorrow, a mid distance before my flight Saturday morning, then just seeing how I fell while away. I'm not going to get number goals for my vacation runs but simply say that I want to run every day even if only for 3 miles.

Merry Christmas from the Funky Chicken

No comments:

Post a Comment