Friday, March 11, 2011

30 Days to...Blog Regularly

I’ve been saying for years that I’m to loose the weight and do the things that I think will lead me to a happier more fulfilled life. I’ve been saying it but only to myself. I’m ready to take ownership of my goals and say it out loud. I will get my act together and make the changes I want to make. I thrive under pressure and believe that if other people are monitoring my progress I will be more determined to succeed. I started this blog awhile ago but didn’t stick with it. Today that is going to change. My first 30 day challenge is simply to blog regularly. I’m going to aim at posting twice a week but secretly want to post 3 or 4 times. For my first challenge I think setting the bar low will help me get on track.

At this moment I am a twenty something year old girl living in nyc who works with children with autism and is a runner. Well I pretend to be a runner. I am an NYC marathon finisher and have my next marathon in 6 weeks.

I don’t envision this blog as simply a weight loss or running blog. I will write about places and events in nyc, my adventures working with children with autism, and anything else that pops into my mind.

They say it takes 21 days to form a habit but I think it is safer to think of it as 30. I will use 30 days to accomplish each goal and hope that with each 30 day cycle I can form the basics of my healthy, well balanced life.

Side note: My little post makes it seem like I’m unhappy. I am not. I have a job that I adore. I am good at it and have received wonderful professional recognition. I have a great group of girl friends that I’ve know since college and had had some great relationships. I also have already accomplished a 30 lb weight loss and am no longer considered overweight but due to my height I want to loose a bit more. I just think I can do more. I can be a better, healthier person and that’s what I will accomplish through my 30 day mini challenges.

No comments:

Post a Comment